Monday, September 13, 2010

Lazy Liver

I have the most-amazing-in-the-whole-history-of-the-universe ACCUPUNCTURIST. I made an appoinment a few weeks ago to see her to keep on track with dealing LAZILY with perimenopausal symptoms. She's doing such an amazing job for me.

Little did I know that the few weeks since making the appointment would be filled with extraordinary stressors. The last seven days were so highly stressful, with wacky wild ass stressors coming from every different weird angle you could imagine, that by the time I got to her I was nearly a mess.

When I don't manage my stress as lazily as might best benefit me, my body starts getting wacky illnesses -- the kind requiring blood tests and ultrasounds and the like. I've got some real life "stuff" going on now that is in large part -- if not in all part -- due to the stress.

Marsha Connor my aforementioned most-amazing-in-the-whole-history-of-the-universe ACCUPUNCTURIST told me that my liver is the source of all this "stuff" and told me that the liver is like a dutiful royal soldier who stands up mightily to protect me against these stressors. But, she said "it isn't at no cost that he defends you..." So, the other duties of said dutiful soldier liver, like filtering blood and hormones and the like are unfortunately post-wartime duties that are left for more peaceful times.

I told Marsha that I have been craving a la Popeye massive amounts of spinach. Indeed, leafy greens that are slightly bitter are great for your liver soldier boy...as is water with fresh lemon or lime.

So, if you are ever in a high stress period, one thing you can do --- if you aren't finding time for bubble baths, massage, yoga, breathing, meditation, calming this and calming that, lazy this and lazy -- is put the right things in your mouth: drink lemony water and choose your green leafies at meals.

She also gave me a fabulously named chinese herb blend --- Serenagen (by Metagenics) -- it's amazing! It does its name justice -- it improves the serene factor!

No comments:

Post a Comment