I heard about his death and wanted to immediately connect with his wisdom and found this (which you will see at the above link, among other pearls). From Dr. David Simon:
Here are a few practices that can help you deepen your connection to your own essence and purpose:
- I cultivate inner stillness through my meditation or yoga practice, which then allows me to hear the quiet messages that emerge from the deepest level of my being.
- I connect to my life’s purpose by asking someone I know truly loves and cares about me, “What do you think is my best quality, trait or talent?”
- I ask myself, “How could I bring more creativity, passion, or joy into what I am doing?”
- I nurture a shift in my internal dialogue from “What’s in it for me?” to “How can I serve?” I notice how when I am doing what I love, I am able to bring joy and inspiration to those around me.
- I look for opportunities to do one thing for another person that brings a smile to their face.
- I consider what I would like most to hear from someone and I say these words to another person.
- I take the time to do something that I love and share my enthusiasm or creation with another person.