Friday, July 09, 2010

It's FIVE & DIME FRIDAY -- Lazy Chicken Tacos

Trader Joe's is my hero for having as many types of tortillas that they do. There is something for everyone: whole wheat, corn, white flour, gluten free, rice, sprouted wheat (my favorite Ezekiel!!!!), etc. But, the most genius thing that they added in the last year is TACO SHELLS. So, now you can make the most deliciosa tacos with one stop shopping in less than 10 minutes:

So the FIVE (5) ingredients are:

1. TACO SHELLS
2. Any of the pre-cooked CHICKEN options in the refrigerator section..oh my god so many options now!
3. LETTUCE of your choosing (my fav for tacos: American Salad Mix)
4. SHREDDED CHEESE (I use cheddar)
5. SALSA

Optional additions: Avocado, chopped onions, sliced olives, canned jalapenos, etc.

Throw the lettuce in the bottom of the shell. Sprinkle in some salsa. Heat up the chicken in microwave. Throw it on top of lettuce and salsa. Sprinkle with cheese...and then a little more salsa to add a bit of color to top it off!

NOTE: If you add any of the optional extra ingredients, make sure you put them all in and save the cheese for last.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeliciosa!


1 comment:

  1. You are killing me with the Trader Joe postings! Damn, at least we are getting a In-n-out burger - 25 miles away but it's a start! Oh, and now I'm hungry! xx

    ReplyDelete