Monday, August 02, 2010

Trader Joe's Tuesday -- Best Crunchy Sweet Thing of All Time

I'm posting Tuesday a wee bit early because I'm traveling tomorrow...and today's Trader Joe's gem is something I very proudly turned my boyfriend on to, not unlike a crack dealer really.

If you are looking for something to fulfill the crunch-sweet-plus-a-tiny-bit-o-salt thing, this is the ticket:

Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Roasted Pistachio Toffee

Usually toffee is wedded to almonds or pecans. But, Trader Joe's in their inimitable genius made a happy marriage with pistachios!

And, it's DARK chocolate, which kicks it up a notch too.

What to do with it? Well, of course, munch it just as it is from the container. But, might I tell you that chopped up and put on vanilla ice cream... DREEEEEEAMY!

I'm going to make tiramisu later this week and I'm going to smash up a bunch of these babies and sprinkle them all over the top so it'll be dark brown chocolate, light brown toffee plus the green pistachios...then with a little lavender and a flower in the middle it'll be gorgeous! Will try to remember to post the photo.

Buon Appetito and Good Crunching to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment