I've been to India several times, and I'm a vegetarian, so you can probably guess how much I love Indian food. Well, there's a new Lazy Food at Trader Joe's:
CUMIN & CHILI CHICKPEAS
chickpeas seasoned with garlie, ginger & aromatic spices
All that needs to be said is that within 3 minutes you can have a meal:
1. Pop a bag of Trader Joe's Frozen Jasmine Rice in the microwave for a couple minutes. My microwave takes 2.22 minutes to make perfect rice.
2. Take rice out of the microwave and put in a microwaveable bowl.
3. Empty the contents of the chickpea bag on top of the rice, and pop it back in the microwave for another minute.
4. If you want to be fancy, while microwaving, chop up some cucumber and mix in with yogurt. If you have mint in the garden or fridge, chop up a few leaves and mix in to the cucumber and yogurt. And you have RAITA!
5. Dollop either the raita or even just a dollop of plain old yogurt or ...nothing at all! Seriously, it doesn't NEED anything else to be added but if you want to have that wonderful Indian symphony of sweet, savory, spicy and cooling all in one bite you can go the extra Lazy Mile.