Thursday, September 20, 2012

MeTV = Lazy TV = Less Stress + More Joy




I may still be single because of the Mary Tyler Moore Show.  There wasn't anything shameful or needy about her singleness.  She had fun no matter what and never complained that anything was "missing" from her life. 

I love watching the old reruns of MTM, "The Bob Newhart Show," and my old fave "The Dick Van Dyke Show."  I am also digging one of my dad's favorites, which I wasn't really so addicted to as a kid: "The Rockford Files" where everything seems to be solved by a punch in the nose and a good car chase.  I love it, and I love that Rockford doesn't have the perfectly buff body, lives in a beat up trailer, and has very human fights with his dad.  Nothing too cringe-worthy or uncomfortable, but just enough humanity in everything to make it so I could relate or imagine relating.

Phone booths had telephone books in them.  People knocked at your door more because there were no cellphones, and it was often the simplest way to communicate.   Answering machines had tapes in them, and the color orange was super-hip.  Life was simple and good.

Everything was groovy.  I have to say even though I have my favorite modern comedies and dramas, I am finding MeTV to be Lazy TV.  I feel refreshed after a couple of back-to-back episodes of Mary and Bob.  

If you wanna get back to feelin' groovy, look for MeTV.    At the very least you can get some design or fashion tips, since it's all comin' back now.   But, I hope it helps you let go of some stress and bump up your joy factor.






No comments:

Post a Comment