Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Saladicious in a Glass

I had another friend ask me for the ingredients for my yummalicious morning smoothie again and as I was giving her the ingredients, I was thinking how fun it would be to see them all in a big bowl.  This is what I "drink" every morning.



I throw all of this in my Ninja blender and have the most delicious two big glasses of green over the course of the morning.  It is so sweet and refreshing.  No kidding, it feels like it immediately fills you with light and energy.  It fills me up to lunch. I usually am actually not hungry until a late lunch time.

Saladicious in a Glass

  1. Put 1.5 to 2 cups of WATER in blender.
  2. Add one FROZEN BANANA (I keep a bag of peeled bananas always in the fridge).
  3. Add about a cup of FROZEN PINEAPPLE.
  4. Add a couple big handfuls of KALE.
  5. Add a couple big handfuls of SPINACH. 
  6. Cut up one APPLE (any kind -- I like apples that are less sweet because the banana and pineapple are sweet enough).
  7. Peel one ORANGE (I cut the peel off - it's much faster).
  8. Put in 2 or 3 tablespoons of HEMP SEED.
  9. Put in 2 or 3 tablespoons of GROUND FLAX.
And, yes the blender will be completely FULL, and you'll wonder how it's all going to work out!  Never fear!  Blend on high for as long as it takes for everything -- including the kale, which tends to take longest -- to blend up nice and smoothe.




Drink the elixir of the Gods.  It is so sweet and delicious.  It does NOT taste anything like vegetables.  It tastes fruity, sweet, and light. 

Lazy Healthy Buon Appetito!

2 comments:

  1. As soon as I get a new blender - this is going in it! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooooooooove that Jeannie!

    ReplyDelete