Friday, November 02, 2012

Things That Make Me Happy: Delete Walmart + Add Google + World Market




My most exciting purchases this week:  shoes, soap and soap dispensers!

First most exciting purchase is hot pink tennis shoes.   I jate shopping so I buy a lot of shoes online.  I've never ventured into buying workout shoes, but after having been fitted in a store for top of the line tennis shoes that caused me to lose my big toe nails, I decided it was worth a shot.  I found the cutest of hot pink and black tennis shoes and they fit perfectly.  Why?  Because I googled "ASICS tennis shoe fit" and figured out I needed to buy a half size up.  

Next Google project was in my effort to find another place to buy replacement dish washing liquid for my Dawn pump. I adore this stuff but I hate Walmart, which appears to be the only to buy the darned stuff, so I was scouring for an alternative.  What to my wondering eyes appeared in the Google results?  A RECIPE!  Yes, that's right on Food.com even! And it absolutely works!

Check it out.  Save time, save money and stay out of Walmart, by following this unbelievably easy recipe: 

http://www.food.com/recipe/foam-soap-refill-103893


And, finally, notice in the photo above, my very favorite purchase of the week: a hand soap dispenser than matches my Deruta pottery plate where I keep my soaps!  And, it's even plastic so I don't have to worry about dropping it, since I seem to be having "dropsy" lately!   I got it at World Market/Cost Plus.

It's the little things that bring me such joy.   Less stress and more joy....and a whole lot of beauty!






No comments:

Post a Comment