Saturday, June 15, 2013

Lazy Secret Ingredient Heats Up Chili....Just Right!



My brilliant friend Elisa gave me a delicious collection of culinary gems last Christmas.  As I was making a batch of vegetarian chili a couple weeks ago, I thought of this beautiful can sitting in my pantry:  La Morena Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce.  I chopped up the peppers, mixed them in and waited for a while to see how much heat they were going to release.  It was a bit pot of chili, but it really did heat it up.  Yet, there was room for more heat and deliciousness, so I added all the Adobo Sauce in the can too.  It was unbelievably delicious.

I went back to World Market last night as I was making another pot of veggie chili.  It turns out it's a seasonal item so I just ordered 12 cans online so I don't have to hunt for them, and will have plenty of this secret ingredient in my spice arsenal.

It's going to be fun to play with these with enchilada casseroles, etc.  For now, with weight loss in mind, they are a great flavor booster for my healthy chili.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment