Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving Biscuits





OK people.  Biscuits are apparently not my forte.  They don't rise, it turns out.  I thought they would.  And, even more so than pie crust, you need to touch the dough as little as possible.  The first batch are the ones in the heart shape.  The second batch -- in the center -- I decided to hardly touch to make them as flaky as possible.  So I just made them generic lump shape!

They are incredibly flavorful.  They don't necessarily taste like pumpkin, but they are more interesting than plain old biscuits and you dust them with parmesan.  They are easy, particularly since you barely touch them! 

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/pumpkin-parmesan-biscuits-recipe/index.html





I wanted to do a Buttermilk Biscuit too so these are groovy and, again, I decided to not touch them.  Very flaky and lovely.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/southern-biscuits-recipe/index.html


Happy 20th Anniversary Food Network!

No comments:

Post a Comment