Sometimes laziness has consequences and today I suffer the consequences. I also didn't drink enough water on the plane. I usually drink a minimum of 1.5 liters on cross-country trips, three liters when going across the pond. I swear it helps my energy level, my digestion, and my skin when I drink more water than one could imagine would be comfortable....which is why I always have an aisle seat.
So, I amassed a few travel trips (a couple are re-hashes worth mentioning) this trip:
- Water Logging -- ALWAYS drink a minimum of 1.5 liters of water for every 5 hours of flight time. Drink a minimum of 1 liter on flights over two. Airplanes dry you out -- inside and out -- so you have to give your body what it needs.
- Water Preservation -- Avoid alcohol and coffee, of course, because they leach the body of water as well.
- No Jet Lag -- Take "NO JET LAG" a homeopathic remedy you can get at health food stores. This is my first trip in a long time that I was too lazy to get it out, and I promise you I regret my lazy ass right now.
- Broadway Shows -- We missed one half of the Tony Award winning "God of Carnage" (which also does not sport an intermission) because TUESDAYS -- yes, just about every Broadway theatre on Tuesdays -- the curtain goes up at SEVEN -- yes seven, as in ONE HOUR EARLIER THAN NORMAL. For the love of God. Third row center seats...I weep a little as I type. All of my NY friends had no idea. We all realized we had. clearly, never gone to theatre on a Tuesday. So, I hope this blog saves ONE PERSON from disappointment.
- Carry On -- Even my boyfriend regrets checking his bag as he clocked each time we had to wait for his bag, and saw that I didn't even wear every item in my carry-on over the course of our nine days away. The trick is rolling your clothes very tightly (with paper if avoiding wrinkles, i.e., linen) and packing all one color with a couple of accent pieces and accent jewelry. Off the top of my head, this is what I had in my bag: 3 pairs of shoes, 1 fancy dress, 3 casual dresses, 1 skirt, 3 linen pants, 4 other pants, one fancy sweater, two nice shirts, several (probably 8) nice light t-shirts, pajamas, two sweaters, two pairs of running shorts, a few running shirts, tons of underwear/bras, big belt, phone chargers, toiletries....and I'm sure there was more, that's just off the top of my head. Lazy = Less Stress, More Joy. Not having to worry about checked bags = Lazy.
Happy Lazy Trails to All!