Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Trader Joe's Tuesdays - Romantic Summer Fresh Dessert

Hey All,

I am stretching the Trader Joe's theme today because I just made the most fabulous Tiramisu in the history of mankind...yes, folks, the HISTORY OF MANKIND, and MOST of the ingredients can be found at Trader Joe's.

I only doubled the recipe and it was actually enough for about 6 hefty servings, instead of 4. If you follow the link above you can actually click on a CALCULATE button to change the number of servings you want to prepare. The recipe is for 2 but it's unbelievably easy to double and triple.

All of the ingredients can be found at Trader Joe's EXCEPT the Lady Fingers. In doubling the recipe, I used one package of Lady Fingers. Also, as a true Lazy Woman, I stopped at Starbucks and got 4 shots of espresso instead of making my own, when I was out for coffee in the morning. I stuck the cup in the fridge to get it cold by the time I cooked in the afternoon.

But, "cooking" is really a big exaggeration for this recipe. This is soooooo easy to make and it's super delicious and refreshing. I'll tell you I used less sugar for all parts of the recipe just because I don't like super-sweet tiramisu.

And, for the vessel to put it in? I used a very low round vase, which was the absolutely perfect size for the doubled recipe.

I don't think I'll ever make regular ol' Tiramisu again. And, apparently "Tiramisu" is Italian for "pick me up" and I can tell you it picked up me, my boyfriend, our guests, and all who tasted the leftovers! In the summer months, we need to take advantage of the juicy delicious strawberries, and the fact that you serve this on a puree of strawberries just adds to its divinity!

Ciao and Buon Appetito in all your Al Fresco dining this Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment