Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Super Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake...um, yeah, it's perfect for the Holidays!

)


My uncle's favorite dessert is Pumpkin Cheesecake and since he drove a long way to our Thanksgiving celebration he deserved his fave.  So I looked for the top-rated Pumpkin Cheesecake and it was Paula Deen's (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/pumpkin-cheesecake-recipe/index.html).

It was amazing.  I didn't quite have enough graham cracker crumbs so I substituted about 1/3 cup of the 1 3/4 total in pecans for the crust.  Yum, and the texture didn't suffer one bit.  I brought the crust up about halfway up the sides. 

It is not a disgustingly heavy cheesecake as one would imagine by looking at the ingredients and its chef source. It is light -- really light.   And it really is pumpkin-y even though I thought it didn't seem like enough pumpkin to make a difference. But it is yummy light pumpkin-y delight!  For Christmas I would add a warm cranberry sauce over it for color and holiday sprucing.

For Thanksgiving it was perfect exactly as it was. 

Only warning about cheesecakes if you've never made one before -- don't overbake it. It should be shaking in the middle.  The baking completes once you take it out of the oven.  It's not intuitive, so just thought I should mention just in case!

And, don't be scared of the recipe.  It's unbelievably fast to throw together.  The baking time is what takes long.  This is LAZY DELICIOUSNESS.

Buon Holiday Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment