I just had one of these for lunch --- actually for the last two days lunches!
1. Tortillas -- whatever kind you like. My favorite is Ezekiel Sprouted Wheat.
2. Cheese -- Jack, Cheddar, Mexican Cheese Mix
4. Sliced avocado (or mushed up with salt and lemon)
5. Chopped cilantro and/or flat parsley
6. OPTIONAL: chopped olives, chopped onion, pre-cooked meat
I use my George Foreman grill, which I cannot recommend more highly because there is no fat added when cooking. Other non-fat cooking alternative is pop it in the oven to warm/crisp/melt. But, the Foreman grill is the very best for quesadillas (and for anything you would want to melt or grill, i.e.,grilled cheese and veggie/hot dogs).
If you want extra super deliciousness. Just brush both sides with olive oil and throw on the backyard grill for a couple minutes! And, if you want super-super deliciousness, brush some scallions (with only the very tip cut off) with olive oil and pre-grill those for a couple minutes...then throw the grilled onion inside the quesadilla before you grill it!
No matter how you cook it, it's under 10 minutes and lotsa yum factor.
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY NOTE: Going on vacation (Vancouver/Whistler) until July 6th so no blog entries during vacation....I'll be back first week in July! Happy INDEPENDENCE to you all!