If you haven't yet experienced the frozen pre-cooked rice at Trader Joe's you are missing out. It is literally just as tasty as fresh made, light, fluffy, and delicious. I was addicted for a long time to the brown rice, but I have been stuck on the Jasmine White Rice for quite a long while now, and there are so many wonderfully delicious things to do with it....here's one of my favorites.
Mexican Rice Bowl
....In order of appearance, i.e., in order you put in the bowl:
1. JASMINE WHITE RICE -- pop it in microwave for two minutes.
2. Add 1/2 can of PINTO BEANS
3. Sprinkle with a little grated CHEDDAR CHEESE-- and pop back in the microwave for about 40 seconds.
4. Add a couple tablespoons of SALSA (any kind you love in the refrigerator section)
5. Slice up 1/4 of an AVOCADO and add on top
6. Throw on some chopped up CILANTRO
7. For extra indulgence, you can crush up a few TORTILLA CHIPS...if you want to add a little crunch to your bowl