Friday, June 11, 2010

It's New! It's Lazy! It's FIVE & DIME FRIDAY!!!!!


OK Lazy Woman Folk out there….There’s something new on the Lazy Woman Blog. I’m calling it “Five and Dime.” I sent a slew of pitches to a TV show for my bijillion ideas of things you can do with 5 ingredients in 10 minutes to make something delicious for dinner and I called it FIVE & DIME, and they didn’t hire me, so I’m going to share them with all of you instead! So, every Friday that I’m in town and able to post, we’ll be having Five and Dime Fridays on the Lazy Woman Blog, and you’ll get a new recipe every week.

To start us off we’re going to talk salad. I’ve posted my salad recipe before, and it’s featured in our book “The Lazy Woman’s Guide to Just About Everything” but here it is spelled out a little more in depth.

Here’s to celebrating LAZY recipes for dinner with FIVE ingredients, in less than TEN minutes….








FIVE & DIME


5 Ingredients + 10 Minutes = Infinite Deliciousness




Lazy Woman Salad




The salad that goes with every meal that everyone loves – even people who hate vegetables – and it’s full of protein!



1. Lettuce
2. Nuts
3. Cheese
4. Dressing: Lemon + Olive Oil
5. OPTIONAL: Dried Fruit or Fresh Fruit (dried cranberries, fresh pears, fresh pomegranate seeds)

The super-cool thing about this salad is that you can do a million variations by changing up the nuts and cheeses (with fruit option):

-Parmigiano Reggiano and Toasted Almonds (OPTIONAL: Dried Cranberries)
-Cheddar and Toasted Sunflower Seeds (OPTIONAL: Fresh Apple)
-Shredded Mozzarella and Toasted Pine Nuts (OPTIONAL: Dried Currants or Cranberries)
-Goat Cheese and Toasted Cashews (OPTIONAL: Fresh Apple or Pear)
-Feta and Toasted Pepitas (OPTIONAL: Fresh Pomegranate Seeds)

No comments:

Post a Comment