Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lazy Denver Tip - Altitude Schmaltitude

The only other times I've been in Denver were only at the airport changing planes. It's a LOVELY city! But it is a mile high. One time I had to run through the Denver airport -- from literally one end to the other -- which is a very long way. I was sprinting to make a connecting flight and I was running out of breath. Once I arrived at the gate where I watched the plane pull away from the terminal, it took me about 20 minutes to get my breath back. I was wondering what the hell was going on. I called my dad and was telling him about it and he said "it's the altitude!" ...I had forgotten the whole mile high thing!

So I prepared myself by googling the altitude dealie and found a recommendation that you drink tons of water. In the elevator tonight I heard two other hotel guests talking about the same thing! And complaining, as I am, that you spend half your day with your local toilet. Well, I actually think it really is helping. I worked out at full throttle -- actually harder than I sometimes do because I kicked it up a notch tonight -- two notches actually on the elliptical) -- and literally felt fantastic afterward. I went out into the crisp very cold night and walked for a while after my workout. I was feeling great. Then I decided to take the stairs to my room since it's only on the second floor! And, wouldn't you know that I got winded.

But, I still feel fantastic...water, water, water, pee, pee, pee.

No comments:

Post a Comment