Monday, November 15, 2010

Lazy Shoes

I waited a couple months to report on these...I wanted to put a lot o' miles on them before I gave you my Lazy Woman opinion. Here it is KIGO shoes ROCK!

My pilates teacher who is a runner turned me on to these shoes. They are barefoot running shoes - inspired by the theory discussed in the book "Born to Run" which extols the virtues of running without running shoes, without arch support, etc.

Well I chose to stop running a couple years ago but I do work out -- elliptical or stairmaster -- every day. I also walk my dogs for a half hour every day. And, even more gratifying, I travel a lot and my greatest pleasure when I travel is walking...and walking...and walking and walking, exploring cities and countryside on foot.

Well these shoes are utterly spectacular for all of it! And the best news is that at the end of the day when my body is exhausted from climbing, running around, walking endlessly, etc. my feet are delightfully happy!

When I was in Paris last month, I had a very long day. I was booked back to back and running or walking quickly was actually the most expedient way to get between appointments. I was walking mostly in neighborhoods with cobblestone streets. My day ended climbing the endless stairs in Montmartre...up and down and up and down. I was literally walking for hours this day. And, at the end of the day my feet were buzzing with life but not in any shape or form even slightly aching as they normally would be with any other shoe -- even the most expensive running shoe, which is also far less attractive than these Mary Jane styled "running" shoes.

And they only weigh about 5 ounces which makes them the absolutely perfect travel companion. I rarely check bags and the most annoying thing to pack for me has always been my workout shoes...until now!

They are unbelievably reasonably priced. The last pair ofworkout shoes I bought were $120. These are just a little more than 1/2 of that -- with shipping. And, they got to me very quickly too.

My pilates teacher also reminded me recently that you can usually find coupons for these shoes if you google "kigo coupon." I forgot about her suggestion but they were still incredibly reasonably priced.

I can't say enough good things about these shoes but the last two things I'll say -- they dry very quickly and are actually comfortable even when it's pouring rain and they are totally wet. Never a single blister either. And I haven't had to wash them yet but you just wipe them down or wash in plain water. Easy. Lazy. Shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment