Sunday, November 07, 2010

Stop the Madness!

My father passed away over a year ago...and I told myself that once I hit the one year mark I'd stop the madness. What madness? The "it's ok Bridget, you've experienced a great loss so you can essentially eat anything you feel like eating!" madness. So, I've been counting calories and making sure my input is less than my input.

I work out every day so exercise isn't an issue but I also realized a couple weeks ago that I am just never sore anymore, so I kicked it up a notch at the gym, with the specific goal that I be sore after every work out! That means it's working. Muscles are tearing and repairing. And, I'm adding more weight lifting because I've slacked a little on that, and it's good for the ol' lady bones too!

But, back to the madness. I was out running a bijillion errands this evening and I really really wanted something sweet. I had to stop at McDonalds to get a bunch of gift certificates for someone who looooooooooooves McDonalds. It's hard to walk into McDonalds when you have a sweet tooth. But, I remembered hearing that their ice cream cones are low in calories. Well, I confirmed post-indulging that the very excellent news is that it is, indeed, only 150 calories! I know it's not the healthiest thing I could eat, but you know there are worse things and I have to say it is supremely satisfying -- very good vanilla flavor, not sickly sweet, and the cone is super crunchy yummy.

And, then to make it a little more shameful, it only costs about 1/2 a penny for each calorie because this yummy little treat only puts you out 76 cents (69 cents + tax). You can't even park for 75 cents any more!

So, today I enjoyed stopping the madness. Good times, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment