Sunday, April 08, 2012

Skinny Skinny! Bang Bang!

I am back on track with losing weight again.  Finally!


So, I'm back on track with sharing Trader Joe's gems that have a lot of bang for their calorie and taste buck.  The two I've been using a lot in the last few weeks are:
Toasted Sesame Oil






Dark Toasted Sesame Oil -- It's with all the other oils.  But, it's genius because it adds so much flavor with just the tiniest drizzle.  It is so flavorful -- it's incredible!  I use it for salads, rice -- everything.  I have been craving Asian flavors.  Seriously, I usually use 1/4 teaspoon...it's that heavy and flavorful that that is all you need!


Tilapia -- It's in the frozen fish section these days, and it is clearly flash frozen because when you thaw it out it doesn't smell or taste at all fishy.  I throw it in the fridge and let it thaw overnight.  Then, I throw in a baking dish and bake at 450 for 30 minutes:


1.  Take all three filets in package and one package of mushrooms and put them in the dish.
2.  Drizzle with rice vinegar, soy sauce, and just about 1/2 teaspoon of Dark Toasted Sesame Oil.  Seriously, that is the most you need.  
3.  Toss it all gently together.
4.  Bake for 30 minutes.
5.  Take out and toss with fresh chopped chives. 
6.  Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.  (These you can't get at TJ's yet...)


For Weight Watchers peeps, each filet is only 4 or 5 points.  The sesame oil is not even a point because it's less than 1/2 teaspoon.  One teaspoon of sesame seeds is only one point. 


I usually serve this over salad tossed with the same mixture as above, which tastes completely different when not heated, and 1/2 to 1 cup of rice, depending how hungry I am and how much fish I'm having.  Yummalicious!


Buon Skinny Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment