Sunday, April 22, 2012

Potato Chips of the Sea


Two things I crave fairly regularly are potato chips and french fries.  I seem to always get into elevators after someone has just exited with a bag of french fries, leaving morsels of their lunch wafting around my head.  That makes me NEED to have french fries.  

What I do to cure that craving is make baked fries:

Preheat the oven at 450.  Slice up a potato in whatever french fry shape you wish.  Toss with one or two teaspoons of olive oil.  Salt and/or season as you wish.  In about 30 minutes you will have brilliant "french fries."  (Weight Watchers peeps -- this is only 5 or 6 points depending on how large the potato and how much oil you choose to use. I only use 1 teaspoon myself.)

And, now my substitute for potato chips that I am certain you will not believe.   But for Weight Watchers people, this is worth trying, I promise, because one package is only ONE POINT.  Yes, folks ONE.

They have crunch, they have that little bit of greasiness -- not in the bad icky way, in the good, "make you feel like you are doing something bad" way.  And, my god seaweed is so good for you!  Try them.  Even if you are someone who doesn't like seaweed or greens of any kind.  I challenge you: try it.  You are very likely to love it!



Buon Seaweed Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment