Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday Yum Brunch: Peanut Butter Banana HEALTHY Pancakes

On Weight Watchers, I'm constantly making decisions about where I spend my "points" aka "calories."  It turns out that, for instance, one tablespoon of any oil is 3 points -- and so is a tablespoon of peanut butter.  One tablespoon of oil is a lot of oil, but it's really not a lot of peanut butter, eh?!


So, when I started to whip up some of my fave (when I don't have time for scratch and man, oh, many really almost as good as from scratch) Trader Joe's Multigrain Pancake mix, I  realized i could fulfill my current peanut butter craving.  


I halve the recipe, which means -- 1 cup mix, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1 egg...and today, instead of oil, 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter.  I like to chop up banana or green apple in them ...today was Peanut Butter & Banana day, so I used 1/2 banana.  I decided it might be yummy to do honey instead of maple syrup....it was.


I took a plate and drizzled it like this and then popped it in the microwave for 15 seconds.




By the time I was done with that, the pancake was ready to flip! 



Yummalicious with just the right amount of peanut butter and banana, still maintaining the great multigrain texture.


Buon Breakfast Appetito to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment