Monday, April 19, 2010

Lazy Gorgeous Dessert


This recipe is fabulously delicious and even more fabulously easy! Even better, it's super impressive!


You make the cake the night before. Easy recipe, short baking time -- easy, easy, Lazy! Then you mix up the "tres leches" i.e., the three milks (condensed, evaporated and half & half) and pour them over the cake so it soaks over night.


Next day you just whip up cream slather it on the cake and you are done.


Now, I did a variation because I like to add fruit to my Tres Leches Cake. I took a low glass vase actually -- about 6 inches deep and 8 or 9 inches in diameter. I turned it over onto the 9 x 12 cake and cut out a layer, which I saved for the top later. I took the remaining cake in the pan and lay it on the bottom of the "vase" ....then I put a layer of whipped cream and fruit (mandarine oranges, pineapple, blueberries and strawberries). Then I put the top layer on top of that and lathered with the final layer of whipped cream, and decorated the top with fruit.
I served with a dollop of whipped cream and another sprinkling of cut up fruit because when you scoop it out of the glass vase/bowl, it's not a nice neat slice, but you do see the nice layers. It just adds a little more beauty to dollop cream and more fruit on it.
Deliciosa! It was the perfect end to our Mexican Themed Dinner Party!
Yummmmmmmmexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment