Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lazy Weight Loss Tip = Eat Like a Baby!

I recently found these wonderful little olive bowls at Crate & Barrel.   At first I was drawn to them because when I do Italian dinners I always put out bowls of olives, and it's nice to have matching little bowls for the olive pits, right?  But, I bought several of them because I realized they were also a weight loss tool.  Small bowls and dishes are your weight loss friends.

I made another yummy Trader Joe's find this morning:  Country Choice Multigrain Hot Cereal.  The single serving is 1/2 cup and fits perfectly in my sweet little bowl.  (By the "weigh" for you Weight Watchers peeps -it's only 3 points for this 1/2 cup serving.  If you add agave or sugar, a couple toasted almonds, it's only another 1 or 2 points).  I savored it and it filled me up.  There's something about the psychology of having an overflowing bowl of warm yumminess that is so fulfulling!




When I was at the BlogHer Food Conference a few weeks ago, the Barilla company was showcasing their new line of PICCOLINI pasta.  Oh my god, they are adorable.  Not being a mom, I wasn't thinking about how much kids would love all the fun shapes.  I was thinking about how much more balanced a dish of pasta is with pasta and sauce, and how you can feel more satiated with far less when it's small bites like this.  They had samples out and it was fantastic. 


Later, when I read their materials I saw this is being marketed to moms who are cooking for little kids.  Well, today, I'm marketing it to anyone who wants to stay trim!  This is the perfect solution:  smaller, healthier, more balanced portions with all the bang for your taste buck!

I highly recommend the Piccolini line...try it, even if you're like me and don't have a kid nearby.  If you do have a kid in your house, they will love all the fun, tiny shapes, and your body will love it just as much.

Buon Piccolini Appetiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment