Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Lazy Reset Button

My genius acupuncturist, Marsha Connor, shared a most divine trick with me last Monday.  I've been doing this technique since last Monday and I have to tell you it has been most amazing.

I now crave doing it, because of how it makes me feel.  It is instantly calming.  I also use it to clear my head before I do something important.    I have no perimenopausal symptoms, leveled out emotions, and overall peace.

What does it do?  It resets the limbic system.  I suggest you Google it.  I'm not going to go into the physiology of this system, and I would never be able to guess how this simple technique resets this very complex system, but it has really worked for me.

Dr. Connor recommends doing this technique twice a day.   Here's what you do:

On each hand, take your thumb and pinch together with your first two fingers (like you are pinching some salt). You are going to keep them like this the whole time.   You are going to go to four different points for about 30 seconds each (Dr. Connor does 4 breaths) with your fingers grouped like this.  I pretend I'm a superhero and I am shooting healing energy from my fingers, so that I keep them pointed in the right direction.  Here's where you will point.

1.  Together, point them toward your throat.
2.  Separate them and point each to either side of your jaw line.
3.  Still separate, move one up to each temple.
4.  Back together, move up to your third eye.

Then repeat the process, starting with your throat and moving back up:  throat, jaw, temples, and third eye.  Dr. Connor recommends doing it for 6 minutes twice a day, for a total of 12 minutes a day.  

My favorite thing is to do it during my bath.  I also do it before I go to sleep.  But, it feels great wherever or whenever i do it.  Dr. Connor says she does it when she wakes up and before she goes to sleep.  I love to do it before sleep, but I usually don't take the time in the morning.  What a great way to start the day, though.  Need to work it into my morning!  

Until then, though, this technique is having a wonderful, grounding, peaceful effect on my life. 

To me it's Lazy...hopefully it will be to you as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment