Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I am doing a little project right now -- The Love Scarf Project -- where I'm gathering hand-knitted scarves and hats for patients at the City of Hope. (You can check it out at lovescarf.blogspot.com) Tonight I had to pick up a very beautiful crocheted hat from a friend of a friend. You gotta love life because there really are no mistakes...synchronicities abound in the most beautiful of ways. This friend of a friend is a kindred spirit, a Lazy sister of sorts. Shannen is my age - 46, and also has never been married. And she's amazing and beautiful and a real catch! And, she has a great Lazy attitude toward finding love, which I needed a serious dose of today. She's just living life to the fullest and letting love come to her, expecting it to shimmy up to her side and say "hey I want you." And, I know it will because she has such a stellar, magnetic attitude. I am so grateful to my friend Sa for introducing us. She was just what the love doctor ordered! And, now I have a buddy to go out on the town with ... it's very Lazy to go out with magnetic women!

Just this morning, I was bemoaning the fact that I can't catch a break with my online dating exploits. I've been giving it the ol' college try and whining to myself (and then to a friend on the phone when my own listening skills didn't prove good enough): "Why for the love of god am I not getting what I want." I heard myself whining like a child, having an adult tantrum. I was embarassing myself, even though I was alone in my kitchen. I looked down at my feet to make sure they weren't stomping. Then I called a friend, let it all out, and with her help, committed to getting back on the love court to throw some more balls, and have FUN! My god if the road to love isn't fun, get off the road.

I just take myself and my pursuits so seriously sometimes. Being goal oriented is great, but throwing a little Lazy into the equation is a good idea. The Lazy I need to throw into my dating life is FUN. I need to let go of my attachment to the results, and just go out with Shannen and have some fun!

NOTE: An email popped into my box after I wrote that paragraph. An old friend asking me out on a date with the priceless last line: "You're such a hot lazy girl..."

Can we talk about SYNCHRONICITIES? And, can we talk about the instant results we get when we let go of expectations, a genuinely Lazy pursuit by the way!

Stay tuned for more Lazy Love news...and don't worry I'm going to give you the cheap, easy, unbelievably Lazy secret to gorgeous, youthful skin....when the mood strikes me!

love love love to you all,

Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment