Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Eve!

We delivered the Love Scarves today...it was the most heart-warming Valentine's happening ever. The patients were so grateful, and some we hear smiled for the first time in a long time. We met a young woman who lives in Minneapolis who has 9 month old twins. She, like a lot of the patients at City of Hope are so far away from their families.

It was one of the most heart-warming days I've ever had. It wasn't an easy day but it was so moving. There were lots of smiles and laughs too, one of which happened in the car ride home with my friend Nina, whose Volvo wagon proved most appropriate transportation mode for the big baskets of scarves.

We were talking about the topic of the week: LOVE. Nina has known me since college and was saying how she felt for me being on the dating scene. Then she said the most hilarious thing "I did the Lazy Love thing...I married someone I met in college...how lazy of me!"

They have the coolest marriage, so that proves it: Lazy Love is the best! Can't marry my college sweetheart because he's unbelievably, exquisitely happily married, but I shall find my version of Lazy Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment