My new love can't eat garlic. So, I made a tasty alternative to a tomato sauce without garlic, and a simple salad to precede it!
Summery Al Fresco Salad & Pasta -- Perfect for a Warm Evening
(Enough for Two with a little leftover Pasta for the next day)
Trader Joe's Shopping List
Tomatoes - I use the ones still on the vine
Reggiano Parmigiano (or the parmesan of your choice...)
Canned Goods Section
Artichoke Hearts (not marinated)
Pappardella/Egg Noodle Pasta
Olive Oil (if you don't have)
- Walk in the Kitchen!
- Start boiling water - salted and a dash of olive oil.
- Slice avocado and tomato and arrange on salad plates. (I use one small avocado and two tomatoes for each person)
- Drizzle with lemon and course salt. Set aside the salad plates while you...
- Sautee olive oil, chopped tomatoes, the can of artichoke hearts and can of olives.
- Add salt, pepper, etc. to taste.
- When water boiling, add entire package of Pappardelle/Egg Noodles.
- Chop chives
- Pasta should be done now! So drain it, for the love of God!
- Toss everything together!
- Serve the avocado & tomato salad first.
- Then serve the pasta! It's OK that it cools to room temperature while you eat the salad.
- Grate a little parmesan over the pasta just before serving.
- [and if appropriate, kiss the love for whom you made the meal!]