A + B = C (Avocado + Beets = Culinarilicious) Salad
Trader Joe's has two fairly amazing products on their shelves that can go overlooked. One is the pre-cooked whole beets that you find in the veggie section in a little green cardboard wrapping (which nearly obscures the fact that it holds beets).
The other amazing find is the Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce (which, by the way, is fantastic when lightly spread on a sliced baguette with thin slices of Gruyere cheese on top!). This sauce makes a delicious vinaigrette with a special little kick.
The two TJ finds combine to make the A+B = C Salad, which is colorful, delicious and refreshing!
TJ's Shopping List
Parmigiano Reggiano (or your alternate favorite cheese)
Canned Foods Section
Aoili Garlice Mustard Sauce
Red Wine Vinegar (or Balsamic, if you prefer)
Olive Oil (if you don't have)
Course Salt if you don't have)
What to do:
- As always, walk into your kitchen!
- Get out two (2) avocados and the package of beets and slice it all up in even slices.
- Arrange avocado and beets on a plate.
- Mix about 1/2 teaspoon of the mustard sauce with vinegar and oil to taste. Mix well and drizzle over salad.
- Chop up the chives and sprinkle over the salad.
- Grate a wee bit o' parmigiano over the salad.
- Sprinkle with course salt.