Monday, March 09, 2009

Taking it Slow with Gratitude

There is no better anticdote for disappointment than gratitude. I woke up this morning feeling a little exasperated by a three month long string of romantic disappointments. Then it occurred to me how great it is that I've had some movement in that area, and even have a couple of new and interesting guys interested in me that I have yet to explore. But, beyond that, I have so very much to be grateful for. I was sleepily letting my mind wander through a long list of things I am grateful for. I was laying in bed looking out onto the two mightly oak trees, lemon trees, and other wonderful flora and scampering fauna (aka two squirrels) when I really got how much love I have in my life in so many different forms. I am so loved.

The Lazy Lesson of this time is to not get thrown by the disappointments and not make myself wrong because men aren't choosing me. Thank god they didn't choose me because I didn't choose them either. The right one will choose me, and I will powerfully choose him. And, it will definitely be far lazier than the stressful weirdness that's been going on... Lazy = less stress and more joy.

In the meantime, Lazy Dating for me about being grateful for my life just exactly as it is without a man in it.

It's all good. Gratitude rocks. It's like coffee. It perks up the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment