Friday, April 15, 2011

Lazily Dealing with the Death of a Relationship

I have been recently committed to clearing out the old to make room for new abundant, loving energy to sweep into my life.   One of my projects is my garage.  Today, the task at hand was to go through about 20 boxes of books, with the intention of donating most of them to the local library.  It's LIBRARY WEEK so I think most local libraries are accepting donations for the next few weeks. 

One of the divine books that I found that I will be keeping is a book of Rumi poems.  I'm keeping all my Rumi books, and I'm delighted to have refound them to bring them in the house.  I sat down with one for a few minutes because there is nothing more nourishing to me during a breakup than Rumi.  And, since I just found out that the betrayal that caused my breakup was even more profound than I had imagined, I was drinking this Rumi in like it was a magic elixir.  And it was.

During this breakup I have been having pretty regular messages from my dad who passed away a year and a half ago. I feel like he is holding my hand walking me through healing my heart, preparing me for the biggest, greatest love of my life -- a man who will hold my heart and my love and cherish it.  I know my dad is getting him ready to bring to me. 

So, this poem I found spoke to me on many levels today - the death of my father and my relationship.   If you -- or anyone you know -- is dealing with a death of a person, a relationship...you may want to share this with them.  And, isn't it something that it is titled "911"...

911
Rumi - Translated by Coleman Barks

On the day I die, when I'm being
carried toward the grave, don't weep.

Don't say "He's gone! He's gone!"
Death has nothing to do with going away.

The sun sets and the moon sets,
but they're not gone.  Death
is a coming together.

The tomb looks like a prison.
but it's really release
into Union.

The human seed goes down in the ground
like a bucket into the well where Joseph is.

It grows and comes up full
of some unimagined beauty.

Your mouth closes here
and immediately opens
with a shout of joy there.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:21 PM

    I just love Rumi...good thing I didn't buy you that Rumi book I saw in Carmel instead--sounds like you're stocked up. Glad you are focused on clearing out the old to make space for the new. Perfect. xo frankie

    ReplyDelete