Friday, April 29, 2011

To Thine Own Princess Self Be True

Royal Wedding Day around the globe....One report says that 2 billion people watched.  That blows me away.  But what blows me away even more is that the newly wed Princess/Duchess/Future Queen was so wonderfully, beautifully in her own skin.  Never mind the gorgeous dress, her grace and beauty started so deep down.  She just seems to be someone who is to her own self very true. 

The good news is that when you are not true to yourself, you will get all kinds of signs to get you back on track....like I did today.  I came home late last night after three extremely hard and long days of a business trip where I had to keep my mind sharp and my spirit up and sociable from dawn each day until late at night -- with no downtime for myself.  I had no choice and had to push through it.  I pushed, but when I woke up this morning and was finally off the adrenaline rush that kept me going those three days, I nearly collapsed.  I think my brain literally turned the lights completely off in some of its rooms. 

So, what happened?  My body couldn't function.  I was trying to fix the little doggie barrier between the living room and my office that had clearly come down while I was away, and somehow this heavy metal thing with sharp edges went flying into me -- gouging my shin into a bloody swollen mess.  This jab caused me to fall flat on my face and land on top of said gouging gate -- but not before I had -- on the way down to flat on face --knocked my head very hard on the bottom corner of the half door (I have one of those split doors that leads from my office into the back yard).  The bump is huge and rose in a cartoon-like way, i.e., fast, colorful, and revealing stars.

I cleaned myself up and thought to myself "Maybe I should NOT go to the gym today since my brain's coordination quadrant is clearly down."  Sounds so reasonable.  But, later in the afternoon when I thought I was going to perish from exhaustion and knew I needed to get more done, my non-Princess self said  "I didn't get to work out more than 50 minutes total over 3 days!  I really need to get to the gym PLUS I know I'll feel better afterwards!"  The hope of feeling better got me.  So, I got myself together and got in the car to go to the gym.

Dead battery.

God speaks in mysterious languages.  Hit hard on head (as if with frying pan). Stabbed in leg to thwart movement.  Dead battery.

I actually knew my battery was going to be dead.  Some weird electronic quirk happened in my car so that two of the four screens in my car dashboard would not shut down when I turned the car off.  I tried everything I could for 45 minutes but had to give up, and submit to the fact that my car would be dead today.  Well, by late afternoon it was quite deadish. 

Ironically, or perhaps not so ironically, I had the car towed to my mechanic who could not replicate the issue.  It's like God literally made this flukey weird thing that has never happened before happen so I would not go to the gym today.

Suffice it to say I'll be resting all weekend.  To mine own self and body I shall be true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment