Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lazy Yummies + Lazy Losing = WWgasm Bliss!

Just weighed in and I'm down 15.2 pounds!!!!!!!!!!  Woooohooooo!  I'm particularly excited because I'm not eating my feelings through my heartbreaking break-up (two breaks in one sentence! OY!). 

But, I'm even more excited because I am literally feeling no denial.  First, because of Marianne Williamson's "Course in Weight Loss" I have truly reconfigured my relationship with food.  I don't go to it for comfort anymore.  Once in a while I get a chocolate craving, and I ask myself what's going on, and let myself have it -- no matter what's going on.  If I want it, I want it.  But, I only have a little bit and I'm completely satiated. 

I'm really taking care of my cravings.  The other day while at Pilates class, I smelled what I thought were freshly grilling pancakes.  I remembered there was a Weight Watchers recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes that looked awesome, but I couldn't find the recipe online on the way to Trader Joe's, so I picked up their Multigrain Pancake Mix. It turns out two five inch pancakes are only 4 points.  Oh joy!  Oh joy!

I took out the Trader Joe's Superfruit All Fruit Preserves, put one tablespoon on a plate, put it in the microwave and it makes a wonderful syrup.  So two pancakes with "syrup" is only 5 points.  I made a regular batch and used it over 3 days to make my pancake treats.  

If you don't take care of your cravings and find alternatives for yourself, you won't stick to it.   That's EXACTLY what the Hungry Girl says too.  She has come up with 100's of recipes for comfort foods, snack foods, YUM foods galore that are weight-LOSS friendly while making you feel very full and satisfied. 

Again -- if you are on a weight loss journey -- run, walk, skip to a bookstore or toodle your fingers over to amazon.com to get one of the Hungry Girl books.  Her website: hungry-girl.com.

WE CAN DO IT!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats B... very happy that WWs is going well for you.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete