Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lazy Spring Dinner = Pea Shoots + Baked Potato + Haricots Verts

It's Spring!  It's Spring!  It's Spring!  We are having literally the most delicious day in Los Angeles today.  Bright blue skies, white fluffy clouds, a sweet breeze to balance out the warm sunshine make it really hard to not keep a big smile on your face.  I stopped in the middle of my trip to Bar Method Class to pull over and put my top down (convertible top that is) because missing any part of this day would be a shame.

When I got home I popped a baked potato in the oven so it would be nice and crispy by the time I got home from walking the dogs.  When I got home, I took out the Pea Shoots I got at Trader Joe's!  Yes, Trader Joe's has Pea Shoots!  It's a miracle!  They are so profoundly delicious, and their season is so short, I decided to just toss them with fresh lemon juice, a tiny bit of oil, salt and pepper.

Then, I pulled out the baked potato and put my new secret weapon on it -- 1 serving of the Trader Joe's Creamy Goat Cheese -- only ONE Weight Watchers Points Plus!




Then I sauteed up a package of Trader Joe's Haricots Verts with just a tiny bit of oil, garlic salt and some red pepper flakes.  Throw them over the potato and ....Yummarifico!


Buon Springtime Appetito to all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment