Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Three WWgasm (Weight Watchers Foodie Bliss) Day = A Very Excellent Day

Just had to quickly post about this because I've been in WWgasm heaven for 24 hours.  And, all of this comes from Mecca, aka Trader Joe's.  So, we're hitting all the Lazy markers:  easy, inexpensive, simple, healthy, and delicious!
  1. Lazy Ass Delicious Potato -- I believe in butter -- used sparingly.  I would never dream of using substitutes, though I know I am in the minority on that one.  But, I think if you want butter, just have it -- in moderation.  I allow for the points for it.  But since getting on Weight Watchers, I actually have not used as much as I used to.  I'm not a butter freak.  I am not a fat person, I'm a sugar person.  So, I have always used oils and butter sparingly for my taste buds' sake.  The only item that I have always put more butter on is the Almighty Baked Potato.  Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, I found a most divine substitution for buttering said Almighty on.  I wasn't even seeking a substitution.  I have gotten very used to less butter on my potato, and frankly have enjoyed the flavor of the potato even more.  But, I accidentally ran out of butter yesterday.  So, I whipped out the Trader Joe's Creamy Goat Cheese and took just 1/4 of the container -- which is only 1 point -- yes, ONE point -- and slathered it in the potato.  Add salt and pepper and you are in potato heaven.  Sometimes I grill up a portobello mushroom (on George Forman Grill with no fat added) and slice it on top of the potato.  Wowza Potato WWgasm Bonanza! ONLY FIVE (5) POINTS PLUS (if medium sized potato)!
  2. Triple Berry Bran Muffin Peanut Butter Bliss -- The Triple Berry Muffin mix is unbelievably easy -- add two eggs and a cup of water, pop in the oven for 30 minutes. Done.  And, they taste so homemade!  Then, it says let them sit for about 20 minutes.  Well, when they came out of the oven, I got way inspired.  I popped the top off of one of the muffins and put a teaspoon of peanut butter (1 point) on top and put the lid back on.  Do you understand what that means?  It means I had a WWgasm coming!  I had just created hot peanut lava in the middle of the warm cakey deliciousness.  Are you kidding me?  WWgasm Maximus.  FOUR (4) POINTS PLUS!
  3. Crunchy Filling Snackalicious -- Trader Joe's scored even more points with me when they added Lundberg Rice Cakes to their menu of items they carry.  I just tried the Lite Cheddar Sliced Cheese for the first time this week -- just to check it out, not expecting much.  Well the texture of this super-crunchy rice cake with the perfectly chewy and surprisingly rich for a lite cheese, is divine.  It's very tastebud fulfilling and tummy filling.  THREE (3) POINTS PLUS!
Buon Lazy Lite Appetito to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment