Saturday, February 12, 2011

It Takes a Village to Lose A Pound

Ten days after break up it's clear that the ex is doing some serious soul searching and is on the brink of some possible huge transformation.  Don't know how this will all pan out, only know that we started talking about potentially seeing each other.  Within a couple hours of this talk I decided I needed popcorn.  My favorite these days has been Orville Redenbacher's Salt + Pepper.  It is divine and couples nicely with light beer. But, this mini-"meal" = 8 points. 

So, I thought I'd do air-popped popcorn with a couple teaspoons of melted butter and salt.  Yummy. 

But I haven't used my air popper in a while so I ended up with a huuuuuuge bowl of popcorn.  I didn't go so far as to it eat it all, but I will say I ate more than I normally would and I saw it was definitely unequivocally emotional eating.   I watched myself doing it, was conscious of what was really going on, and took myself to the bathroom where I made myself take a hot bath instead.  I still ate more than I should have, but at least I got it together, and identified the real issue.

Next time, I am committed to cutting off the emotional eating faster.   And, the time after that even faster.  Pretty amazing that this was the first time in 5 weeks that I've had an emotional eating outburst.

I think this is in large part due to Marianne WIlliamson's book on tape that I've been listening to....and the meditation keeping me centered.  It takes a village.  It takes a full court press -- spirit, mind and body -- to lose weight.

Thank you Marianne Williamson for being part of my village. 

No comments:

Post a Comment