Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lazy Transformation

I am very excited.  The Shadow Process Workshop with Debbie Ford starts on Friday.  And, you know how it is with these things, once you register you have started.  So, this has been working on me since December, flipping life upside down and inside out.

I can't wait...Many stories to come next week.

I'm also STEEPED in listening to Marianne Williamson's "A Course in Weight Loss" which I have running in the car, which is just fertilizing the ground.  

The most inspiring thought of the day was that our parents are "containers" of our emotions when we are children, and if they didn't model how to "contain" our own emotions, then we have trouble doing that when we grow up.  

I can't believe that this simple thought was so eye opening for me.  I still to this day of my 48th year bristle when I have uncomfortable feelings.  I feel like I can't contain them actually....still!  Shocking!  I'm looking forward to the challenge of containing them ....all by my lonesome. 

Marianne talks about her teenage daughter losing a friend who very tragically committed suicide, and she said "Sometimes the worst possible thing you can actually think of ...happens."  And, she gave her daughter all the permission in the world to fully experience her grief, and gave her the power to contain these emotions, i.e., let them just flow through her.

This is a key to weight loss for me.  When I get stressed I want sugar and/or salt.  I need to just be stressed...or sad or angry and contain these feelings with no judgment, and no need to push them down with food.

Here's to Lazy Transformation, i.e., with the support and love of the likes of Marianne Williamson and Debbie Ford.

1 comment:

  1. just came across your blog! it's fabulous! you have some great insight on your posts!

    ReplyDelete