Friday, April 10, 2009

Lazy = Less Stress, More Joy!

It's so good to add more sources of joy to one's life. I've added a new source. It's like discovering a new vitamin source, like "Oh, I love blueberries...you mean they're a good source of anti-oxidants and I love them?!!" In this case, it's "Oh, I love my new tap dancing obsession and it gives me JOY too?!!!"

Joy is a natural de-stresser. It focuses the soul, the heart, and every cell of your body on nourishing goodness. Even if it doesn't last long...it's a feel good thing to find new sources of joy. For instance, I got frustrated and felt very uncoordinated, and honestly slightly retarded, at many points during my first class tonight, but when I got something even slightly right my heart soared, and honestly even hearing other people doing it right with that sharp, clicky, delicious, synchronized tapping filled me with joy. Even though it wasn't my feet making the perfect sounds, it was exhilerating.

I am preparing to go to a funeral tomorrow. I'm having a hard time with this death because it's for my godson who I had literally no relationship with. I feel pretty guilty about not cultivating that relationship, so I keep letting go, letting go, letting go. It's good to have a little tapping in my heart during these times of slightly darkened skies.

I am reminded of the Gandhi quote: "Where there is love, there is life."

Tap. Tap. Tap. Rest in peace, Jason.

No comments:

Post a Comment