Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Trader Joe's Tuesday Spills Lazily into Wednesday -- WWgasm Hit & Miss!

I went to Trader Joe's after the gym tonight...I have Pilates at 7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays so I end up eating dinner late on Wednesdays since doing pilates on a full or even slightly full stomach really doesn't work.

During Pilates I realized I had a huge craving -- and plenty of points left today on my Weight Watchers plan -- for a quesadilla.  Well, the shelves were 1/2 empty and my favorite little corn tortillas weren't there.   So, I thought I'd try the Low Carb Sonora Tortillas.  They looked sooooooooooooo delicious! 

I then checked the points on my favorite Jalapeno Yogurt Cheese and compared it to the Lite Cheddar and thought "Heck, let's try that too!"

And, then I found the find of finds:  Serrano Fresca Salsa.  I love it when TJs comes out with a new salsa, and I'm really loving -- across the board in cuisine -- roasted peppers.  The salsa looks and tastes nice and roasty-toasty.  Layered flavors, good bite.

So, the WWgasm (Weight Watchers "Taste" "gasm") of the night was the salad I made to go with the quesadilla.  Best kick:  a couple tablespoons of Bob's Big Boy LITE Blue CHeese Dressing and a few tablespoons of the Serrano Fresca Salsa.  Deliciosa!

The quesadilla -- well I'm going to go for the higher points next time because I think it's simply not forfeiting tastebud delight to lose weight.  I'd rather "spend" a few more points and have a normal corn tortilla or Ezekiel tortilla and my favorite jalapeno yogurt cheese. 

I don't regret it.  I think it's worth trying everything and knowing if there is an alternative out there that can thrill the tummy and tastebuds.

I think I can declare myself my own Quesadilla Master. I know all the options and will continue to play. For now, Lite and Low Carb don't belong in the Land o' Quesadillas!

No comments:

Post a Comment