Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trader Joe's Tuesdays -- More WWgasms (Weight Watchers Foodie Bliss)

One of the most delicious, divine, wonderful, amazing things about Weight Watchers is that you can have as much (probably within reason of course! LOL!) fruit as you want! 

When I was in my 20's I read a lot about food combining, and was a huge fan of Harvey and Marilyn Diamon'd book "Fit for Life" because it really made me feel so good.  I was full of vibrant energy and thin when I followed their plan.  One of the habits I cultivated after reading the book was starting my day with fresh fruit.  The book talks about breakfast being literally what it says a breaking of the fast that occurs while you sleep.  It says that your body needs things that are easily digestible, like fruits which don't need much help to move their way through your digestive system.

Weight Watchers really doesn't demand me changing much about my eating except remaining accountable for the amounts that I eat when I sit down to eat!  Having the fruit being zero points, i.e., FREE!!!!, is just fabulous.

And, having Trader Joe's makes it so easy.  My favorite combo for the morning is watermelon, pineapple and blueberries.  Generally all three of these items are in TJ's too.  But, Trader Joe's has a plethora of fruits to choose from -- mango, several kinds of apples, at least a couple melon choices, oranges, at least a few berries, etc.  

So, do yourself a favor -- even if you are the most perfect weight -- give your body the gift of fruit in the morning, break your fast gently, take in the many vitamins and nutrients...and have a delicious meal!  If you need protein in the morning, add yogurt and/or nuts!

And, while you are stocking up, grab a bunch of bananas, peel them, break them in half and throw them in a big baggie, for a sweet frozen treat any time of day or night!

Buon Fresh Appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment